Wednesday, November 1, 2023

Mixed Media Canvas; Just Breathe


It's November 1st and it's time for another six week challenge at the Love To Craft Challenge Blog (LTCCB). I feel like I have at least ten projects going on right now and all kinds of deadlines, but this one I had to complete soon since I was creating a sample.


I am holding three art sessions for my work Professional Development Day and we'll be making these canvases or at least going through the same process.  Each session will have 30 people and I can't wait to see how it's received.


You know I love a good mixed media project and this is one of them! I worked on it one layer at a time and I love the hot mess it became and then changed the entire look once it was complete.

1st - 3rd Layers

4th Layer (mask)

5th Layer (embellish)

I'm still not sure about the top part of this wonky stem, but I do like it more once I added the petals.

Check out the process video and let me know what you think.


Be sure to click over to LTCCB blog to see the other Design Team projects and link up your own crafty creation. Remember, this is for all projects as long as you made it!



2 comments:

  1. The original was beautiful, but the finish project really pops and shows so much details. Great mixed media!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How wonderfully eye-catching Dorlene! Such a fun take on mixed media!!! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I appreciate your comments. I love sharing my projects with you and hope to encourage you to create things on your own. Thanks again!