Monday, March 21, 2022

Birthday Cake Topper

Cake toppers are so fun to make and they are all about the layers. I was commissioned to make one for a 15th birthday with some “Cinderella” birds holding the name banner in a variety of blues.
This is what I came up with. I wasn’t sure about the blue flowers but that was also what was requested. Once I put everything together, I loved it so much!

There is dusty blue glitter paper, metallic silver, and a variety of heavy card-stock on this project. Four layers of dimensional adhesive too!

The rolled flowers were cut at 3.25” and the leaves were cut from a punch that was purchased from Stampin’ Up!

Once the design is created in Design Space, I grouped them together and then duplicated it. On the duplicated grouping, I welded it in order to create a base. From the base, create an offset for the shadow. I show this in the process YouTube video. Check it out!

Let me know if you have any questions. It can be confusing but once you get the hang of it, it all makes sense!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting. I appreciate your comments. I love sharing my projects with you and hope to encourage you to create things on your own. Thanks again!