I received a last minute request for matching birthday shirts with a leopard print. Mom provided the shirts and brought over leopard print vinyl...or at least that's what she thought. She brought over Infusible Ink sheets but the problem was that the shirts were all cotton blends.
I haven't played with the Infusible Inks yet so I was a little excited to do so, but after doing a quick YouTube search, I noticed that cotton was a big NO NO with Infusible Ink. Even though mom said, use it anyways - she was fine with it, I just couldn't make something I wasn't proud of.
So, I decided to make my own "leopard print" vinyl. I did this by layering some black glitter HTV over gold.
In Cricut Design Space, I selected the ARAB BRUSHSTROKE font for "Princess" and then searched for a leopard print cut image. Once I found an image, I sized it to fit over the word and sliced. This made the print fit perfectly over the top of the letters. (Before I sliced, I made a duplicate of the word since I needed the full image for the base.) I repeated the process for the crown on the birthday princess' shirt. (I used FELICITY font for "birthday" and ARAB BRUSHSTROKE for all the rest. Both of these fonts are free if you are a Cricut Access subscriber.)
I was nervous about how it would turn out, but OH MY, they turned out so CUTE!
And the birthday Princess & family modeling them:
And of course, the Birthday Princess!
I learned something new and was so happy with the results. Now I can't wait to actually use the Infusible Inks!