Wednesday, September 19, 2018

Bless This Family; QQ Club Q

Check out the layout I created using an assortment of items from the September Club Q kits from Quick Quotes. I just love the papers - the color scheme - everything! I knew I had the perfect photo for these products.

My mom and nine of her 11 siblings were all together for a family party and took a photo. The teals in the clothing look so great with the teals of the paper line.

The first thing I had to do was select which paper I wanted to use as the base page. Then I tore strips of coordinating patterned papers for the top and bottom of the page. Each strip was inked on the edges with both Key Largo and Bermuda PowderPuff Chalk Inks.

I matted the photo in white cardstock and again in one of the patterned papers. I opted to use the three die cut flowers at the corner of the photo. I used a scoring tool to curve each petal before adding a button to each center and adhering to the layout.


I added more papers from the kit around the photo and inked the edges with Cool Gray PowderPuff Chalk Ink. The sentiment above the photo is just perfect for this photo so I had to use it!

I cut the printed banners from the Quote and Phrases Sheet then adhered to the bottom of the photo. I also cut out handmade banners from the scraps for the top left of the page.

I planned to stop there, but it just didn't look complete. At this point, I added some ink splatters, washi tape, script stamping, enamel dots, Nuvo drops and little words from my collection.

Now it's complete:
I think by adding the script stamp in white acrylic paint really made it brighter. It was getting a little dark.

Quick Quotes Products Used:
September Club Q Kit; papers, die cuts, buttons, quote and phrases
PowderPuff Chalk Inks Used: Key Largo, Bermuda, Cool Gray

Other Products Used:
White Cardstock, Assorted Washi Tapes, Script Stamp and White Acrylic Paint from my stash
Nuvo Drops
Pearls by Queen and Company
Little Words by Tim Holtz
Sparkle and Cool Pool Color Splash by Fun Stampers Journey

Click HERE to learn more about Club Q.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting. I appreciate your comments. I love sharing my projects with you and hope to encourage you to create things on your own. Thanks again!