Wednesday, August 8, 2018

Thank You Berry Much QQ

Hey check out the cards I made using PowderPuff Chalk Inks from Quick Quotes.

My sister asked me to make some Thank You cards for my nephew's preschool teachers and of course I said, yes. Her only request was to have blueberries in the cards. 

I actually have a blueberry stamp but wasn't sure how to make a card from it. So, I started at the beginning...the background. I gathered Bermuda, Capri Blue and Key Largo PowderPuff Chalk Inks because I thought they would look great with the blue of the berries. I had an idea in my mind to ink stripes on the cardstock so I went for it. I applied each color ink pad directly to the paper in stripes and blended them in where the colors meet using a blending tool for a seamless look.

I did this on three different 5x7 pieces of white cardstock and then cut them in half (3.5 x 5) to create six card panels.

To complete the card, I did the following:
  • I stamped the blueberries in black archival ink twice on each card panel (where the colors met). 
  • I used a water brush and Deep Sea PowderPuff Chalk Ink to color in the berries and Cactus PowderPuff Chalk Ink to color in the leaves.
  • Embossed "Thanks" in black
  • Splattered gold and green ink all over
  • Adhered the panels to a white base before adhering to the colored cardstock card.



I really love how they turned out! The PowderPuff Chalk Inked background gave the whole card an interesting but subtle look.



Quick Quotes Products Used:
PowderPuff Chalk Inks: Bermuda, Key Largo, Capri Blue, Deep Sea, Cactus

Other Products Used:
Black Archival Ink by FSJ
Berries Stamp by Bloom Art Stamps
Gold Spray by Heidi Swapp
Cool Pool Color Silk by FSJ
Black Embossing Powder by SU!
Versamark Ink

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting. I appreciate your comments. I love sharing my projects with you and hope to encourage you to create things on your own. Thanks again!