Wednesday, January 24, 2018

Guest; Carly

I've been bugging my daughter to be a Guest on my blog and I finally convinced her to do it!

I emailed her some questions and asked her to answer them.

Read our Q & A below:

ME: Tell us a little about yourself.  Your creative style, interests and aspirations. Who/what are some of your favorite brands, designers, artists, blogs, etc.?

C:  Hi, I'm Carly and I love scrapbooking, pigs and vintage inspired clothing. I have curly hair which is usually in a ponytail or a bun. You can find me at home watching Bob's Burgers for the millionth time.

Some of my favorite brands/designers are Dear Lizzy, Amy Tangerine and Crate Paper.

ME:  Describe your scrapbooking process and tell us what makes it uniquely yours. For instance, do you always add a particular product, color or element that screams "this is my style"?

C:  I almost always start with white paper and then I'll add spray mist for the background. I like to handwrite my titles and sometimes I'll even doodle on my pages. Most of my pages will include dotted lines either around the picture or around the edge of the paper.

ME:  Show a few of your favorite layouts...why are they your favs?

My favorite things about this layout is the glittery swan (which is hard to tell in this picture). I also love the bird paper which is perfect for this Mary Poppins page. 
For this layout it's really the paper that makes this one of my favorites. I used Snow and Cocoa by Crate Paper which is one of my favorite paper pads. 
This one is just all around cute. The paper, the photo of my little Gracie and the embellishments. I just love everything about this layout.
There's a few things that I love about this page (other than the two girls in it). The paper that I've had for a long time and never thought I'd actually use. The small embellishments like the mini wooden spoon, the found ticket and a pink clothespin.
So I kind of have an addiction to school paper. I have no clue why but when I see school paper I have to get it. That's why for this layout I decided to use a piece from almost all of the school paper I own. 

ME:  Is there any style, product or process that you like but have never tried?

C:  I really like the cluster look which I haven't quite mastered yet.

Thanks Carly! I appreciate your time. I just love the youthful and artistic layouts you create.  Carly does not have a blog, but you can follow her on Instagram @carly_fries21




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting. I appreciate your comments. I love sharing my projects with you and hope to encourage you to create things on your own. Thanks again!