Sunday, December 11, 2016

USE YOUR PAPER 4; Rosette Wreaths

USE YOUR PAPER!


Oh how I love these rosette wreaths!  A few years back I made quite a few of these for Halloween.  I intended to make more for Christmas, but never got the chance.  I'm sure everyone's seen a few Youtube videos or some sort of tutorial or two, here are my tips: 
  1. Score the entire 12x12 sheet of paper & then cut them into strips.
  2. The largest strips should be 1 3/4" at the most.  Otherwise you need more than one strip to make the rosette.  It will not lay flat.
  3. When attaching the ends, clip off one "fold" so it fits best.
  4. Put a puddle of hot glue on your craft mat and wiggle the rosette in the glue to adhere. (No need for a back base on the rosettes.)
  5. Layer, layer & layer! 
  6. Use old boxes to cut out your wreath bases.  I use a dinner plate as a template and cut the base out with scissors.  Why spend money on a wreath base when you can't see it?!
  7. Thread your hanger before adhering the rosettes.  I had a hard time adding the "hanger" once the wreath was complete.  Live and learn!
I make multiple sized rosettes all at the same time.  This is a great project for long drives or watching a movie with family.  I start with the largest and place them around the base.  Then I add more to fill in.  Once I layered the rosettes, then I add buttons and other embellishments. 
This is a great way to use coordinating paper pads - they are made to coordinate and there is no color matching needed.  So how many pieces of paper did I use?  Who knows!?!  I lost count.  LOL

Now I need to add all the pretties...aka, the fun part!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting. I appreciate your comments. I love sharing my projects with you and hope to encourage you to create things on your own. Thanks again!