Sunday, December 4, 2016

Home Sweet Home

I feel wonderful!  I've been spending more time in the Command Center and feel so de-stressed!  I follow the blog of  ALISA BURKE for some time because I absolutely LOVE her work and she has the greatest inspiring posts.  I won a class from her (Yeah, I was so excited I screamed!) by commenting on her post and was randomly selected.  The class is called "Hoop It".  She has some tips and suggestions for making art within an embroidery hoop.  Funny thing is I've been wanting to do it for sometime now but didn't want to actually embroider.  Who would have thought to actually paint instead?!  Not me.  This weekend, I decided to go for it.

I grabbed three colors of acrylic paint (you know that's how I always start a project) and just started putting down some paint.  I knew I was going with the simple and classic "Home Sweet Home", but after that, who knew?

After applying swishes of the three colors (golden sunset, navy blue, brick red), I felt it needed more colors.  So I added Christmas green and lemon yellow.  Once it dried, I used my paint brush to write the words and instantly regretted it.  UGH!  My letters were horrible!

No need to panic, I just applied more black paint over the letters and covered it.  For some reason, I decided to spritz some black glimmer mist.  Too dark...Out came the white paint.  I love when art is just a work in progress!  I let this dry overnight and then used a white paint pen to write the words again - so much better.

DONE - or so I thought.  I knew it needed something, but what?  I thought I'd draw some flowers or make some but remembered I have this big container of paper flowers.  I rarely use 3D flowers in my work.  Even though it didn't fall under the same color scheme, I wanted a very light rose/pink.

The little cutie patootie girl on the button caught my eye as it's attached to a string of other buttons near my desk lamp.  Glued all these puppies on and woowzers!  I love it!

It's displayed proudly on my downstairs ART WALL.

Click on over to Alisa's blog and take a peek at her work and classes.  This one is only $15 and well worth it.  I have another hoop (much larger) that I'll do something with next.  Her class gave me the little push I needed to get started:

This hoop is about 6" in diameter.  It's small but packs a big punch!

More:





I love the variations of flowers and randomness of the background!  Give it a try!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting. I appreciate your comments. I love sharing my projects with you and hope to encourage you to create things on your own. Thanks again!