Sunday, December 23, 2012

Little Gift Bags

I just finished these cute gift bags for the girls in my family.  We don't exchange gifts for the family members who are 18+.  Instead we play the white elephant game but with $25 gift cards.  We started this tradition probably about 5 years ago and it's been a lot of fun.  But we like to give little gifts to members of the family too.  As you know, I sell Avon so I purchased a few items to bundle together for the "girls".  The girls are:  Carly, Sherrise, Christine, Melina and Jori.

Thanks to my buddy Nancy and her posting about gift bags, I realized that these were the same instructions as the lip balm purses that I made for the craft fair but a bigger version.  I had to make the dimensions a little larger than Nancy's but here's what they look like:

I wanted to use as many scraps or underused items as possible.  I love how they have sort of a vintage feel. 
Supplies:
Paper Pack:  Textures & Finishes Stack by DCWV (bought about three years ago)
White Doily:  Wilton (bought earlier this year for my parents 50th anniversary favors)
Mini Clothespins:  given to me by my mom.  She purchases them from a yard sale.  I adhered gold glitter on them (glitter also given to me by my mom from an old friend of hers who was giving supplies away)
Tickets:  you guessed it - the back of old tickets that I collect when I don't win a raffle prize.  I stamped the word "JOY" on the tickets. 
Letter Stamps:  JOY is used from a letter set from Stampin' Up! and black ink
Snowflake confetti:  Yes, I'm a gatherer...this was probably from some party years ago.  I knew I'd use them one day :)
Die cut letters:  I keep a container of letters that I cut and don't use either because they are the wrong size or color or who know what exactly...but they sure do come in handy!  I did however had to cut an additional "C" and use my Mini Monogram Cricut cartridge.
Rolled Flowers:  Although they were already rolled, I inked them to give them an old look.  They were cut using my Art Philosophy Cricut cartridge.

Directions:
10x11 sheet of cardstock
Score on the 10" side at 2" and 8"
Score on the 11" side at 3/4", 4 1/2", 6 1/2" and 10 1/4"

Fold all score lines.
The diagonal fold is a little hard to explain so hopefully this link will help.

Normally you adhere a "topper" on both sides of the edges, but I was being lazy and decided to put a topper over the entire top and just staple it on.  Then I prettied it up.

The bags include:
makeup remover, mascara, hand lotion, lip balm and a nail file
Except for Carly and Jori's.  Carly's does not have mascara nor the make up remover but instead a nail polish and Jori's only has the hand lotion and lip balm (she's 7).

I hope they enjoy them!  



2 comments:

  1. They will love them! They are adorable and make such a nice gift.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are wonderful! I love you decorated them.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I appreciate your comments. I love sharing my projects with you and hope to encourage you to create things on your own. Thanks again!