Friday, January 31, 2020

TGIF; Thankful Friday #116

I was notified by my DIL that I skipped last week. Yes, I did. LOL

I've been so busy at work and at home - well, not really at home, but I feel a little overwhelmed. So last weekend, my daughter and I went to a weekend scrapbook retreat (YAY!) and when we returned, I was pleasantly surprised to see that my DIL cleaned my shower. Ok, when I say clean, I mean with a hard K...Ka-leaned that shower!

I'm embarrassed to say that it was pretty disgusting. Hubby and I both have bad backs and it's really tough getting down to scrub the shower. Well my DIL worked up some magic potion and probably recited a magic spell because we can actually see through the glass door and the shower floor is actually white.

So this week, thank you Krystal for the amazing job you did on our shower!

How about you? What are you thankful for this week? I'd love to hear about it in the comment section.

I had a great conversation with one of my nephews last week about some depression he's going through. He has many things to be thankful for...a great career, wonderful marriage, awesome aunt - I mean family that loves him, great friends, etc., but every so often he gets depressed. And when I say depressed, I mean clinically depressed. I gave him the advice about finding one thing each day that he's thankful for even as simple as a warm blanket and add one more thing each day.

Guess what, that list will never end. We're alive! We get to wake up each day and see a sunrise, hear the birds chirp, smell grass growing...the list never ends! The next time you're feeling down, sit for a second and think about these little things that we take for granted every day. God provides so many small things and if you stop to think about it, each of these things are huge.

Well that got deep real quick. I hope your list of items is super long and you live a life with lots to be thankful for.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting. I appreciate your comments. I love sharing my projects with you and hope to encourage you to create things on your own. Thanks again!