Tuesday, October 1, 2019

LTCCB #39: Baby Is Brewing


Hi there, I’m excited to post my first Design Team project on the Love To Craft Challenge Blog. I live a crafty life! I love it! In fact, I almost always say, “I can make that”. This is both my blessing and my curse. Anyone crafty knows exactly what I’m talking about!

October challenge at Love To Craft Challenge Blog is anything goes.

My project:
Glass etching...have you tried it? This was my first time and I loved it! We’re hosting a co-ed Baby Is Brewing baby shower for my son and DIL and I made these for the prizes. We don’t have a brewing company, but I thought this idea was pretty cute. (BTW, Durham is my last name.)

 I created the “label” in Cricut Design Space using some downloaded SVG files and making my own SVG images.
Then I cut some vinyl for the stencils. I made six of them so I had to cut out six stencils. The hard part was weeding these tiny letters out.
Thick layer of etching cream. The instructions said to leave it on for 1-3 minutes. What?! Seriously, I left it on for 15 minutes for it to actually do some etching. While the cream is on the glass/stencil, use your paint brush to move the cream around. It actually thickens when it’s got a good etch. I put a bright green napkin in the glass hoping for a better photo, but it didn't do much good.
This is what they look like all filled and pretty:
And all bagged up in a cellophane bag & pink ribbon:

We included some gold kisses and yellow shredded paper to look like beer with some white shredded paper for the foam. I think they turned out really cute! In fact, I need to make more just for us to keep.

Don’t forget to click on over to the Love To Craft Challenge Blog for more DT inspiration and to link up your crafty project. See the blog guidelines for more information and as always, anything goes!

Get your craft on!

Read my BIO on the blog HERE.

2 comments:

  1. OMGosh, super cute idea! I love how these turned out! So happy to have you on my design team!
    Hugs,
    Leslie

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fab idea! Looks great

    Kathyk - fellow LTCCB DTeamie

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I appreciate your comments. I love sharing my projects with you and hope to encourage you to create things on your own. Thanks again!