Monday, October 8, 2018

Life Is Good

Happy Monday everyone. Today I'm sharing a layout I created using the Far and Away collection by Quick Quotes.

My mom, sister and I went on a road trip to Tucson, Arizona earlier this year and I wanted to showcase the difference in the landscape between the two states...from California poppies to Arizona Saguaros...both beautiful!

The first thing I did was sort through the Far and Away papers to select a base page. Then I cut down a piece of the border strip patterned paper to create a large bottom border. I love using these multiple border strip sheets since they give the look of multiple layers without all the cutting and extra work.
Each piece of paper was inked around the edges with either Deep Sea, Bermuda or Tropical Punch PowderPuff Chalk Inks.


The chipboard words were part of an earlier Club Q kit and fit perfectly with this layout. I inked "life" and "good" in Deep Sea and "is" with Bermuda.
This was a pretty simple layout so to add some pizzazz, I used a splatter background stamp with Bermuda PowderPuff Chalk Ink and other travel/adventure stamps with Tropical Punch and Sandy Shore PowderPuff Chalk Ink.




It was a great trip with two of my favorite ladies! By the way, this is the first layout of many more to come since I took at least 2" of photos for this trip. If I never take another picture of a cactus again, I'll still have too many!

Quick Quotes Products Used:
Far and Away Quotes and Phrases
PowderPuff Chalk Inks Used: Deep Sea, Bermuda, Tropical Punch Sandy Shore

Other Products Used:
Assorted stamps from my collection
White cardstock for photo mat and journaling spot.
Beach Ball Color Silk from FSJ





1 comment:

Thanks for visiting. I appreciate your comments. I love sharing my projects with you and hope to encourage you to create things on your own. Thanks again!