Saturday, December 30, 2017

Junk Journal & USE YOUR PAPER #6

If you ever ask  yourself, what am I going to do with all these scraps, under paper, mistake pieces, unwanted scrapbook papers, and just random stuff, you don't need to wonder anymore...make a junk journal!

I've been drooling over the idea of a junk journal for sometime now but haven't had the chance to actually make one. I finally started this week.

*Check out my pile of "junk":


Photos of the finished signatures & some inside pages:


Since this is my first attempt, I wanted to make it pretty simple. I collected a good size amount of papers and then folded them in half. I have one of those long reach staples so I stapled the center seam & folded to create the signatures. I'm not sure if I'll put them under one cover as a large journal or use them individually. I guess I'll figure it out as I go.

So now what? I plan on using this for castoff photos. I always print so many and not all of them end up in the scrapbook. So instead of keeping them in the photo envelope, I'll create fun & funky pages using them. Keep a look out...I'm sure many of these pages will be posted soon...

If you are interested in making a junk journal, I suggest you start collecting papers first so when you're ready, you'll already have a good variation of "junk". I also recommend that you watch some Youtube videos first. There are so many and they all seem a little bit different. Each with great ideas on binding, embellishing, etc. I am happy that I did some research first. Why recreate the wheel?

I'm not sure if this qualifies as "use your paper" since these papers are mostly junk, but I did make sure to put in scrap papers and ugly papers in the journal too.

*Examples of "junk" that I used are lined paper, junk mail, catalogs, envelopes, envelope liners, newspapers, coloring pages, scrapbook paper, gelli prints, under paper, greeting cards, magazine & book pages, menus, brochures, etc.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting. I appreciate your comments. I love sharing my projects with you and hope to encourage you to create things on your own. Thanks again!