Friday, January 31, 2014

The 6th (Wo)man

I'm playing along with the sketch challenge at My Creative Sketches.  They have such fun sketches and the prizes are amazing!  I hope one day I'll win one of their packages.  Check our their challenge site here.

Here's the sketch:


And here's my finished layout:

Close up of the embellies!

Mom and Dad
 I love the layers and layers of paper.  I think layering patterned paper is my favorite thing right now. I know you're thinking, strange choice of patterned papers since it's not Halloween, but my parents' school colors were orange and black.  They both attended the California School for the Deaf in Berkeley, CA in the 50's.  These photos were in 1958.  I love that my dad was such a jock and mom was his biggest fan!  So cute!

Papers:  K & Company, Spooky Designer Paper Pad
Love Paper:  DCWV; A Type of Art Stack
Embellies:  Made by me for a "candy" swap a few years back.  I finally had the opportunity to use the orange masculine candy.
Striped Tickets:  I received in an embellished ticket swap
Orange Paper Flower:  Paper Whimsies via air mail by Sassafras
Black/white polka dot washi tape; some orange gems and an assortment of alphabet stickers from my stash
Punched Orange Hearts:  Triple Heart punch by Stampin' Up!


9 comments:

  1. This is an awesome sketch & LOVE your page Dorlene! I hope you win an awesome package too!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I reLly really like this layout! Arygle is cool and so appropriats for the time period!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful layout!! The pictures are so awesome!! What a fabulous page of your parents!! Have a great weekend :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous layout, Dorlene. I really like the photos and dsp that you used for it. I never knew that your parents were deaf. Was that something they were born with or did it happen to them after birth?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful page, Dorlene! Love that layout too! Thanks for sharing!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. It didn't even occur to me that these were Halloween colors! My schools colors were also orange and black. I like the colors and patterns you used. Great job with the sketch.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Absolutely LOVE this layout! What a great way to display the wonderful photos of your parents!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh how nice...Thanks for Playing at My Creative Scrapbook Sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great layouts! You did an awesome job with these! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I appreciate your comments. I love sharing my projects with you and hope to encourage you to create things on your own. Thanks again!