Monday, August 5, 2019

BBTB2 Challenge; Beach

Do you love playing with your Cricut? If you answered yes, click on over to the Bitten By The Bug 2 (BBTB2) challenge site to join our current challenge! August is a great time to show off your beach themed projects and just happens to be the current challenge subject.

My son and DIL were married in February, but were finally able to go on their honeymoon in July. What better to represent BEACH than Hawaii?!

I made two sets of tank tops just for them:


Back of the shirts

I made the mistake in purchasing a polyester/rayon blend and realized that I had to purchase the Sports Flex Iron On material. But good news is that I got to work with another type of material with the ol' Cricut machine. The flex iron on works pretty much the same as the regular HTV (iron on) vinyl but it works best with the stretchy fabric.

I used the Mickey Font cartridge for the Mickey heads and the Life's A Beach cartridge for the flower. The pineapples and words were downloaded from lovesvg.com. They have spectacular SVG files for all kinds of occasions and they are free for personal use. I used the slice feature to cut the words in the middle of the pineapples. I used the Suburbia font for the "just married".

Now it's your turn...create your own BEACH inspired creation and share it on the BBTB2 challenge site.

3 comments:

  1. They're all so creative and fabulous!! What fun shirts!! Have a great day!! Big hugs :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  2. adorable Dorlene! perfect for the trip! love the "wifey"

    Alicia

    ReplyDelete
  3. The shirts are so awesome. What a fun gift and an amazing place to go on their honeymoon.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I appreciate your comments. I love sharing my projects with you and hope to encourage you to create things on your own. Thanks again!