Saturday, April 9, 2016

April Flower of the Month; Lila Grey Stamps

April's Flower of the Month is the Daisy!

I worked with this digi stamp before but I wanted to try to do something different.  I made the background awhile ago and added the flowers at the end.
Photo:

Steps & Supplies:
Scribbled gelatos (Tropical Set) on a piece of transparency.  Sprayed a lot of water and then spread it all over the master board.  I did each color on its own.
Used black ink and my CTMH scalloped background stamp directly on the page.  Focused on the upper half.
White acrylic paint and harlequin stencil
Starburst background stamp (Justrite) and bright pink ink (SU!)
Silver ink pad and a punchinella stencil; here and there
Black ink with my script stamp
Silver Tattered Angels ink spray all over
Regular #2 pencil doodles
The flowers:
Used watercolor markers (Tombow) in both yellow and green
Spectrum Noir GB6 darker yellow alcohol marker
White acrylic paint and a stipple brush to add some white on the petals

Go to Lila Grey Stamps to see the recent and past Flower of the Month from the Design Team or to order stamps.CLICK HERE



I took a backgrounds class when I went to the Expo and it gave me some great ideas when working on my master boards/backgrounds.  I absolutely love mixed media!

1 comment:

  1. How stunning! Love the background and it really sets off the image. Glad to see you crafting. Keeping you in my prayers. Hugs, Maggie

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I appreciate your comments. I love sharing my projects with you and hope to encourage you to create things on your own. Thanks again!