Tuesday, April 21, 2015

A Little Whimsy

Although I haven't posted in awhile, I have been busy in the command center.  This project I did on Sunday.  Do you remember the canvas I painted during that Canvas and Cabernet event for my sister's birthday?  Well, I knew I didn't like it and I knew I'd eventually paint over it.  So I did...and here it is:



First I applied gesso on top of the original painting.  After that, I cut out and applied seven book page circles.  At that point, I painted blue around the circles for the sky and green on the bottom.  The rest are just an assortment of acrylic paint, water color pens, metal markers, black and white ink, etc.  I really didn't have any kind of idea what i was going to do until I did it.  Take a closer look, I did all kinds of crazy things.

I haven't decided yet, but this may be my Apricot Fiesta entry this year.  This is a mixed media piece.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting. I appreciate your comments. I love sharing my projects with you and hope to encourage you to create things on your own. Thanks again!