Thursday, October 3, 2013

What's Poppin'?

Lots and lots of tootsie pop holders, that's what.

I made lots of these tootsie pop holders for the All Handcrafter's Fall Boutique which is being held next Saturday, October 12th in Manteca.


I figured I'd cover all happenings in October.  Thanksgiving, Fall, Halloween, Football Season and Breast Cancer Awareness.  I'm also making some "50 Sucks" holders for my sister, Sherry's 50th birthday on October 14th.  If I have time, I'll make more just because they are so cute, quick and easy!

You start with a 7x2" strip of cardstock and score at 2 1/8, 3 3/8, 5 1/2, and 6 1/4.  Punch a hole in the area between the 5 1/2 and 6 1/4 score marks.  I used my crop-a-dile to cut a lot of the holes at once.  I cut a 1 3/4 x 1 3/4 square of patterned paper and adhered to the front panel and then decorated.

Thanksgiving Blessings:  leaves are an old Stampin' Up set, label punch from Stampin' Up! (SU!)
Pumpkin:  cut from the Simply Scarecrow Cricut cartridge at 2 1/2"
Halloween Witch:  Greeting Card Kids Stamp set from SU!, red bling w/hand drawn spider legs/web
Football:  Scallop and circle punches from SU!, Football cut from Sports Authority Cricut cartridge and the stamp is from CTMH Play Ball stamp set
Breast Cancer Awareness:  Scallop and circle punches from SU!, pink ribbon from the CTMH Artbooking Cricut cartridge at 2 1/2"

I'm entering the Decorate to Celebrate challenge since I think these would make great Halloween favors, giveaways, treats, whatever!  In fact, I'll probably bring some in to my coworkers before the end of the month.  To check out more challenges on Decorate to Celebrate challenge site click here.

5 comments:

  1. These are super cute! I have a friend that lives in Manteca. I hope you sell a lot!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are wonderful! I hope you sell all of them!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are so stinkin' cute! I will have to make some for out craft show:-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. so darn cute thank ;you for joining us at dtc. hugs

    ReplyDelete
  5. How fun! I love the 50 sucks idea for a party!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I appreciate your comments. I love sharing my projects with you and hope to encourage you to create things on your own. Thanks again!