Tuesday, January 18, 2022

2020 Layout Share

I posted a layout share video on YouTube and since then, I completed one of the incomplete layouts so I thought I'd share it.

You can view the YouTube video here:

This two page layout only had the photos, one embellishment and some very simple journaling:

I attached the photos during a crop and didn't have watermelon/swimming products packed. I couldn't find anything to complete it. After doing the Layout Share, I went back and I’m so glad I waited!

I opened up Cricut Design Space and started searching for swimming, birthday and even watermelon.

I found this simple bubble-like word, "pool" and knew I needed to use it. It is a one layer title/word, but I did a thing...
I duplicated and sliced it so there was only a thin line. I duplicated and sliced it again, and kept only the top portion. With the full original word, I changed the color to green; the thin line changed it to white; and the top portion changed it to red. I grouped them together and then added an off-set to it. I changed the off-set to dk. green. Once all the layers were cut, I used a black marker to add the seeds. SO CUTE!

I also cut a Happy Birthday title and this cute girl in an innertube. I changed the colors of the image to reflect the colors I needed for my layout. I used a marker to add seeds to the red portions of the innertube too. I also used an alcohol marker to add some shading to the skin and hair.
I also removed the previous journaling strips and replaced it with a journaling block and added so much more detail to the day. Some tiny puffy stickers, enamel dots and splatter finish it off!

Here's the finished two page spread. So much better...right?!?


The sparkly watermelon slice on the bottom left side was given to me from a fellow cropper at the crop. Isn't that one of the best things about attending a crop - croppers sure to like to share!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting. I appreciate your comments. I love sharing my projects with you and hope to encourage you to create things on your own. Thanks again!