Sunday, January 29, 2017

Scrapbooking; January Challenge

Remember I mentioned that my scrapbooking group and I are taking part of a Spending Freeze for scrapbooking products for the month.

Dang it!  I'm getting lots and lots of emails of all these spectacular deals that I'm just deleting.  I know there'll be more in February on, but I feel like I'm missing out!  LOL

Carly and I have been scrapbooking like crazy and the huge mess in the Command Center proves it!  I've completed 15 layouts.

Some pictures:



You know what I realized...my pages are so plain.  I don't know why I freeze up when I'm scrapbooking.  When I'm creating anything else, I get all kinds of artsy, but not when I scrapbook.  Even when I tell myself to "go crazy", it just doesn't feel right.  I don't know if it's the fear of damaging the photos or what, but at some point, I've got to let go and go all out! But that's ok.  We all scrapbook differently. 

These are just a few of the ones I made.  I love combining pocket pages and standard 12x12 pages.

I have asked Carly to select a few of her favorite layouts and I'll do a feature post on her.  She does amazing work and I'm so proud of her!  She's in Disneyworld right now and hubby & I are on our way to a four day cruise tomorrow.  Woo Hoo!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting. I appreciate your comments. I love sharing my projects with you and hope to encourage you to create things on your own. Thanks again!