Wednesday, July 27, 2016

ICAD #18-21; Week Three - DONE

Week Three down and I'm still going strong.  I figured if I can do these index cards each day in the midst of my crazy schedule these past couple of weeks, the next few weeks are gonna be a breeze!

Prompt #18:
Orange
One of my favorite colors!  I directly stamped the Only Orange ink pad onto the card.  Then I used orange paint and white correction pen to add details in the back.  I fussy cut the Lila Grey digi stamp daisies.  Colored it with white acrylic paint and orange in the center.  I love this sentiment stamp from SU!.

Prompt #19:
Snowflakes
I had a bunch of punched snowflakes on my desk so I glued them down.  Once the glue dried, I covered the card with blue glimmer mist, stamped snowflakes in silver ink and added white paint spray.  I wanted to add a quote/sentiment, but nothing popped in my head.  I may add something later.

Prompt #20:
1960's
I love those photos of sophisticated ladies with sarcastic/raunchy sayings and since I cut these silhouettes awhile ago, I thought I'd do the same.  The background is a piece of patterned flower paper that I sanded to remove some color and then used a homemade circle stencil and added white acrylic paint.  I used a black watercolor marker to draw circles around these white circles.  Sprayed with water to have it run.  Once that dried, I added some gelatos here and there.  I love how the background turned out.  The bubble quote is a stamp that I received from Rubber Paws and have never used.  I think this card is so fun!


Prompt #21:
Our own
UGH!  At first I was going to do "doodling" as my prompt so I grabbed an index card that I've been using as a brush off piece and doodled rows of little circles to cover the card.  Then I didn't like it so I smeared white acrylic paint all over it.  After that, I stamped a retro stamp background to cover the card completely.  It needed more color so I stamped Tempting Teal ink pad directly to it and then added some re-inker drops and let the colors blend together.  It looked a little like spray paint and then realized I LOVED the look.  So, now what?!  I decided to handwrite the word a black Sharpie.


To see more of my ICAD contributions, click on the ICAD label to the right.  To learn more about the challenge, go to http://daisyyellowart.com/ to read all about it and how you can get started.  You can also check Pinterest.  Many people have shared their creations there.

I was thinking the other day, what am I going to do with these once the challenge is over?  Some I think I will make into postcards/cards; others I may frame individually or in sets.  I have an old frame that will probably fit at least 20 of these.  It may be fun to make a quilt-like display out of them.  Either way, I'll keep you posted.  It'll be hard to pick my favs when doing a framed project.

I'm excited to see what Week Four prompts will be!

Cricut Cartridge:  Suburbia
Digi Stamp:  Lila Grey April Flower of the Month
To read more about Rubber Paws, click here
NOTE:  So I realized that I stopped doing the ICADs a couple of days as we were doing final prep for the party we hosted last Saturday.  So instead of going back and trying to catch up, I'm going to start Week Four, Prompt# 22 today.  I'm not giving up...this is too much fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting. I appreciate your comments. I love sharing my projects with you and hope to encourage you to create things on your own. Thanks again!