Saturday, March 22, 2014

Cards!!

It's a beautiful spring day and what do I do?  Stay inside and make cards!  LOL  I did spend some time today outside with Gracie as she played with the water hose and chased flies.  She's so funny!  I took some great photos and hope to add them to a layout soon.

Right now I'm gathering photos and waiting until the Mother's Day Retreat I'm attending with Carly and 10 of my Scrappin' In Patterson friends.

Here's one card I made using a sketch from Freshly Made Sketches.  You can find their site here:

I'm still learning to play with alcohol based markers.  But this image was pretty easy since it only involved two colors.  The yellow embossed cardstock was given to me via a swap a long time ago and the patterned paper was part of my scrap stash.  The sliver of doily was buried underneath some stuff on my work area.  I trimmed it down a little and thought it was perfect for this very simple card.  I also added some rhinestones at the ends of the antenae, but they are hard to see in this photo.

Here's another card that I made just for fun:

This is a stamp I purchased at Hobby Lobby in their clearance section for $1.19.  What a deal, huh?




4 comments:

  1. Cute cards! I like the happy, summer feel to them. Great bargain on the stamp!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great cards Dorlene & I LOVE that gorgeous butterfly! Nice layout on the second one...I think it's a wonderful masculine card!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous butterfly! Your coloring is wonderful! thanks for joining us at FMS!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, the butterfly card is so beautiful! The embossed background looks amazing with the wonderful butterfly image! The little fisherman is so sweet! Two terrific cards!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I appreciate your comments. I love sharing my projects with you and hope to encourage you to create things on your own. Thanks again!