Wednesday, March 1, 2017

WOYWW #404

Geez, I can't believe it's another Wednesday already. 

The Command Center organization project is coming along just fine.  Many people commented that I'd find things I forgot I had and boy were they right!  Some items were so old they were some of my first scrapbooking buys - a lot of partially used stickers and other random embellishments - too many "junk" items that I kept to upcycle - more than I expected of unfinished mini albums and much more.  I'm gonna tell you, I tossed out a lot!  (I also donated a lot to our school district.)


When we were first furnishing the Command Center, I accepted lots of hand-me-downs and random storage containers to hold my supplies.  I'm happy to say, I'm getting rid of a lot of those ugly things!  We have decided that not everything is going to be stored in a perfect place.  After all, it is a craft room that we use on a regular basis.  We're always going to have half finished projects on the floor and on our work areas and THAT'S OK.

We want to make this a place we can be creative in - enjoy hanging out in - and one that reflects our fun creative sides. As you can see, it's coming along!
Some photos:





Closet is done now for the rest of the room.

Now, what is WOYWW?  Every Wednesday a bunch of us go to Julia's blog at the Stamping-Ground and link posts of our work areas and current projects.  You'll read a little about our lives too!  It's a fun and inspiring way to visit crafty friends on a regular basis and pick up some inspiration.  Click on over and join the fun!

12 comments:

  1. The organising seems to be going really well. You're right; it's OK to leave things where they need to be for the creative process. Too much tidiness is not necessarily a good thing as long as you have an idea where to find things. Happy WOYWW Sarah #24

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Dorlene, great to see the tidying and organising coming along so well. Have a great week, Hugs, Shaz #8 XXX

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yippee for progress! The closet looks great!

    WOYWW#43 Melissa

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Dorlene. You're getting there! Well done.
    Take care. God bless.
    Margaret #9

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad it's coming along! Sometimes it's hard to say no to some of those hand-me-downs but at some point they aren't useful anymore or needed. My MIL has a habit (I'm not even sure she realises) of trying to make us feel guilty if we get rid of something she gave us (we're not talking antiques or heirlooms). She recently made a comment to my husband about a twin bed we were getting rid of (daughter has moved out of state). I told husband to tell her that she was welcome to have it back if she wanted it. If she said they didn't have room he was to say 'neither do we'.

    Good luck with the sorting.
    Sharon K #34

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Dorlene.. I LOVE your perspective... as I look around my multi-purpose studio. Looks as if you're making great progress towards your Happy Place. Creative Blessings! Kelly #42

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your closet really looks organized! Every time I re-organize my space, I can't find anything! Thanks for your earlier visit.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ah cleaning a craft room can indeed be quite daunting Dorlene, loving the progress well done indeed!!!
    Thanks for sharing your desky space, Dorlene! BTW I've just joined your blog, hope maybe you might join mine also... 😉
    Happy belated WOYWW!!
    Shaz in Oz.x

    {Calligraphy Cards - Shaz in Oz}

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow! That closet looks great and everything looks so accessible. Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great progress! I notice that when cleaning I discover wondrous creating goodies I had forgotten about and get a resurgence in inspiration. I hope you find some inspiration as you go through this daunting task. Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  11. You will make progress week by week - the number of times I reorganise my crafty stash is ridiculous. I keep a list of where I put things on a roller type card index - I write in pencil so I can erase if I move things. This might help you later if you adopt it.
    Thanks for visiting me
    Hugs, Neet xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. It's coming along alright indeed... enjoyenjoy and yes, a creative room has to 'live' and therefor storage will always be somewhat 'random'... even at my place (although people won't believe that when they see my atelier *lol*) Have a lovely week (as it is already Monday!) and see you later. Love from Holland, Marit #30

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I appreciate your comments. I love sharing my projects with you and hope to encourage you to create things on your own. Thanks again!