Thursday, March 16, 2017

Scrap It In a Song

When I saw the Pop Song challenge on Scrap It With A Song blog site, I knew I would finally work on the photos taken during my Mother-in-Law's Celebration of Life.  The song is "Emotions" by Mariah Carey.  There was a lot of different emotions throughout the day. Maybe not the type Mariah had in mind, but it was an emotional day.

I also use a sketch from splitcoaststampers.com.  The sketch is pretty simple and worked perfectly for the two family group photos.

The Sketch:

My Layout:

I love how the flower stamps coordinate perfectly with the patterned paper. That's a happy accident!  I was going to color them in but thought they would make a bigger impact keeping them black/white against that beautiful colorful background.  I hope you agree.

Challenge Sites:
Scrap It With A Song

6 comments:

  1. Beautiful layout! I love the colours, and the way you used the flowers in the background, and again as a feature - beautiful! I'm sure she would have loved it too! Thanks for sharing! Lindart #39

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful layout, and I love your take on the challenge!
    Thanks for playing with us at SIWAS

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your layout. You are so right. The flowers look great in black and white. They really make the layout pop. Thank you for joining us at SIWAS this month.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful layout with nice photos.
    Thanks to joining us at SIWAS this month!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a lovely LO! Love the details. Thanks for joining the SIWAS Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your layouts! Those flowers look amazing!! Thanks for joining us at SIWAS!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I appreciate your comments. I love sharing my projects with you and hope to encourage you to create things on your own. Thanks again!