Monday, March 13, 2017

Deck the Halls & Stick It Down!

I love using sketches as a starting point for my layouts.  I saw this sketch on Stick It Down sketch challenge site and thought I have some photos for that!
This month's single page sketch:


And here's my layout.  I know these photos are horrible and one day I'll be able to take a good inside photo, but for now, the memory is more important than the quality of the photos.


Although we use this small 3' tree for Christmas now, it was still too high for LeAnna to decorate so we took it down off the table & it was just her size.  I love picking out the ornaments since many are either handmade or purchased for a particular memory.  I'm sad to say I broke our vintage Golden State Warriors ornament.  BOO!


I stumbled upon this site and I'm glad I did.  They have a double layout sketch, single page and card sketch each month.  Click HERE to get to the challenge site and join the fun!

9 comments:

  1. Fun page. Thanks for joining us at Stick it Down.

    Colleen--DT for SID

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well done, Dorlene on using a sketch, I'm bad I dont do it very often.. and great layout, too!
    .... as you say lovely to have memories like these, so very precious indeed!
    Thanks so much for sharing your inspiration!
    Shaz in Oz.x

    {Shaz in Oz – Calligraphy Cards}

    ReplyDelete
  3. Interesting take on the sketch! Thanks for creating with us at SID!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So cute , thanks for playing along with us at SID

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a fun holiday take on the sketch this month. Thanks for joining us!

    ReplyDelete
  6. A fabulous interpretation a the sketch, and so fun in Christmas papers.
    Thanks for joining us at Stick It Down this month - hope to see you next month too!
    Laura

    ReplyDelete
  7. I agree, the memory is more important than the quality of the photo- its the way you put it on the page and dress it up too, scrapbooking brings out the best in a photo. Thanks for creating with us at SID!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your 2 photos record the moment. THat is the main thing. Cute reindeer and well thought out layout. THanks for joining us at SID.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great interpretation- love that you used two photos :) thanks for playing along!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I appreciate your comments. I love sharing my projects with you and hope to encourage you to create things on your own. Thanks again!