Monday, May 20, 2024

Trash to Treasure Fun Projects


I took a week off from work and finished a bunch of projects that have been sitting there staring at me for far too long. Both of these have shorts on my YouTube channel if you're interested in seeing them in action. These are the before and after pictures.

One of my favorite things to do is to make treasure out of trash (or not quite trash, but ugly). When DD and I decided to redo and organize the Command Center, she removed this side table from under her desk. It's pretty solid wood but as you can see...kinda boring!


I used my Cricut to cut stencils and acrylic paints to change the look. Don't you love it? It looks perfect on our front porch especially with those faux grout lines (that was an afterthought).



The second project came from my home. I was (sort of) gifted this coaster set, but it is way too foo foo for us. I mean FAMILY speed out as "Father And Mother I Love You"...a little lame don't you think? I covered them in white acrylic paint and then sanded them down to get a smooth finish.


I then used E6000 to adhere some cheap, throwaway drink coasters of different craft beer places and/or restaurants that I had in my collection. Once they dried, I added a thin layer of polycrylic glaze over the top of each one. This is perfect for our backyard patio and it came in this cute wire holder.



I'm working on another project which involves another furniture updo. I bought this table at Goodwill for $4.79. We're looking for a side table for our backyard covered porch. Once it's sanded down, I plan on using black paint to cover it and then emulating a vinyl record on top. I can't wait to see the final result!

You can see the final result on my IG account. I always post photos there!


Find me @3sons_and_astar


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting. I appreciate your comments. I love sharing my projects with you and hope to encourage you to create things on your own. Thanks again!