Thursday, May 2, 2024

Let's Get Messy May


I'm starting a new series this month - Let's Get Messy May. I'm going to post a YT video and blog post each Thursday in May (there are FIVE) featuring messy art in my Junk Journal or just getting messy in general.

I love seeing my hands like this. Of course this happens because I love using my favorite tool - my fingers!


What products did I use for this spread?
Watercolor Paint
Color Sprays
White Acrylic Paint
Stencil
Painty Scraps
Script Stamp & Black Archival Ink
Black Fine Point Pen

I'm actually pretty excited about this project because it's the first one in my new Junk Journal. I don't know why it took me so long to get messy here. I love the whole "let's see what happens" process when I play in my Junk Journal and it's so relaxing for me.


The paint brush that is mentioned in the video is from a store in San Diego called Art Form. They accept donations on art supplies as well as recycled goodies. They support their local schools by providing art classes and art fun. If you're in the area, it's worth going because they also have a store where you can purchase donated items. It's an artsy thrift store! I donated a bunch of rubber stamps but of course had to buy something while I was there!

Check out all the fabulous layers in the final spread! Everything medium is seen through it all!


Watch the YouTube video to see how the final project evolved.


Be sure to subscribe to my YT channel so you can watch all five of the videos for this series.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting. I appreciate your comments. I love sharing my projects with you and hope to encourage you to create things on your own. Thanks again!