Friday, June 23, 2023

Iron Crafter Challenge


I’m so excited about this challenge and YT Hop. The Iron Crafter Challenge is hosted by Tata O’Rourke of Piece Craft Love.  She gives the participants items that we must use from our stash and for this round the item(s) are eyelets, brads, and/or buttons. I pulled out a bunch of eyelets and brads and went to town on the top left side of my layout. 

The first thing I did is cut 11” strips of patterned papers at various heights. One each of 2.75, 2, and 1.25 and two of 2.25” height. I was able to use scraps for most of these except the beautiful orange leaf paper. These were placed on the base going from the thickest strip at the bottom and then going upwards. 

Once I decided the photo placement, I used a pencil to mark where to place the eyelets. I even got to pull out the ol' Crop-a-Dile for this layout! I attached the eyelets to the paper strips before adhering them to the cardstock base.

Then I added brads and other die cut pieces to finish the embellishments. Concentrating on the left side.

Definitely different and definitely fun!

Be sure to watch my video as well as all the other Iron Crafters in the hop! You can also check out the layouts on IG. My account is @3sons_and_astar.


I got the strip idea and measurements from the Scrapbooking The Day Away site. There is a free area as well as a paid membership - totally worth it! 

I love how simple this layout is but with the addition of all the eyelets and brads, it really became a WOW layout!

Here is a playlist with ALL the videos of the participants:

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLCfSqErOPJop0GnylMyJL5BFmzWqNl4po

If you want to learn about the mystery item and play along, come over to the Piece Craft Love Facebook group:

https://www.facebook.com/groups/piececraftloveclubhouse





No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting. I appreciate your comments. I love sharing my projects with you and hope to encourage you to create things on your own. Thanks again!