Monday, November 2, 2020

Guest Room Re-Vamp III

We’ve been working on our Guest Room - making it a Hawaiian themed room. I love themed rooms because it’s so easy to get things done. There’s no guess work on what to put in there, etc. I posted some items earlier - pillows I made, a painted canvas and now this upcycled tv stand.

My sister gave this to us so I decided to repaint it and etch the glass door fronts. Honestly, I was a little nervous about the glass etching since I would have had to buy new glass panes if it didn’t work, but it was perfect.

Before:

 And after:



Don't you love it! After removing the drawer and cabinet door fronts, I painted the entire thing with flat interior white paint+primer from Valspar.

The drawer and cabinet doors were painted with Coastal Sage from Rustoleum. Yup...a spray paint. This was also a paint+primer.

Although both products said no sanding needed. I did sand a little after I cleaned them and before painting. Once dried, I sanded spots to distress it.

The hibiscus flowers were etched using my Cricut to create a stencil with vinyl and then Armour Etch Cream. I was a little nervous about the glass etching since if it didn't work, I would have had to toss the glass panels and purchase new ones, but it turned out perfect and only took about 10 minutes.


The room is coming along!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting. I appreciate your comments. I love sharing my projects with you and hope to encourage you to create things on your own. Thanks again!