Friday, November 6, 2020

First Birthday Cake Topper and Video

I'm having so much fun creating this cake topper for my granddaughter's first birthday. They are going with Mickey & Friends theme but with a heavy emphasis on Daisy Duck.

Check out the YouTube video:


Photos:




I really, really wanted to incorporate Mickey and Friends but it was just too much so I created these Mickey head shaped balloons instead. I did this by combining a regular balloon bouquet from Design Space and welding Mickey ears to the top of them. I LOVE how they turned out! Originally, I was going to use the Mickey heads for the balloons, but I love how these are obviously balloons. Just like the ones you'd buy at Disneyland!

I used a lot of 3D adhesive because I didn't want this to be flat - it definitely adds fun & interest as well as much needed dimension.

My son and DIL originally were going to have a big birthday party of little miss Daisy's 1st birthday, but with COVID, they decided for the small gathering with just immediate family. Her parents, sister, grandparents, aunts & uncles. There aren't any immediate cousins...yet.

  • Cardstock from my stash
  • Glitter marker from CTMH (clear)
  • 3D adhesive from Stampin' Up, CTMH and Dollar Tree
  • Wet adhesive from Nuvo
Watch the video for more details. If you have any questions or comments, let me know.

Also, if you're not already, subscribe to my YouTube channel. I post videos on scrapbooking, Cricut projects, cards, mixed media, junk journal, etc. I love to craft so I have quite the variety!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting. I appreciate your comments. I love sharing my projects with you and hope to encourage you to create things on your own. Thanks again!