Wednesday, November 18, 2020

Cheers to 60 Years Layouts & Video

I filmed another YouTube video talking about making base pages for an event. In 2019, we had a 60th birthday party for the hubby and it was a beer theme.

I purchased this paper pack specifically for the party. It came with great patterned papers and a 12x12 sticker sheet which I used for most of the embellishments for the layouts.
Check out the video here:

Now, read on for more details:

For the First Layout: I made the masculine embellishments years ago for a swap & finally had the chance to use them. They were made with a variety of punches and stamps. Take a look:
 I used a ticket punch for the base & stamped the beer mug & cheers to create the fun 3D embellie. You can't tell, but I also used liquid crystal effects for a glass feel.

 This one was also on a ticket base. Even though the image & sentiment are one stamp, I stamped them twice in two different colors and then cut them apart.
This one, I added some tiny brads. In the center oval (covered with the mug) is actually a car stamp, but it didn't work for this layout so I adhered a mug that I cut from one of the patterned papers.

I also stamped the white w/black labels. The green & yellow circle stickers were left over from another sticker sheet and housed in my sticker book. Each cluster has a little bit of all to tie them all together.


Another thing to note, the four photos on the right were originally 4x6, I trimmed them down to 3x4. The title is a combination of stickers and Cricut cuts. I handwrote "years" on one of the mugs.

The Second Layout:

With the exception of the beer mug on the top left, all embellies were from the sticker sheet - even those black and yellow dots/triangles.


Each cluster was grounded by a black circle.

I purchased the 8x12 flip flap from CTMH and the craft beer kit from Scrapbook.com.

If you're not already, please become a subscriber to my YouTube channel.

 

2 comments:

  1. I adore those layouts Dorlene! Stay safe and happy WOYWW. Sarah #2

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those layouts are stunning! Happy Belated WOYWW. Take care and stay safe. With love & God Bless, Caro xxx (#13)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I appreciate your comments. I love sharing my projects with you and hope to encourage you to create things on your own. Thanks again!