Friday, September 15, 2023

Sketch n Scrap Layout Sketch #281


I pretty much followed this sketch to the "T". Even down to the star embellishments. The nice thing about sketches is that you can use them as an inspiration, do what I did or anything in between. They are a great way to start a layout especially if you are experiencing creative block.

I'm using sketch #281 from Sketch n Scrap. Be sure to join their challenges either on the blog or the FaceBook page. They post two card sketches and two layout sketches per month.

Here's the sketch:

And here's what I did with it:


I ended up using this same sketch and creating a two page layout spread by flipping the star embellishments to the right side. It's so easy to create a two pager using a one page sketch when the sketch is as fabulous as this one! I got 16 photos on this two page spread!


The yellow patterned paper is cut to 8.5x10.5" and the strips were left over from a previous made layout; approximately 1x12" and 0.5x12". I scattered stars on the left side of the layout and added a water bottle cut for some fun. The stars were cut with my Cricut with the exception of the polka dot stars. I found them in my stash. The round journaling spot was sitting to the side of my desk and I just drew lines across it. As you can tell, my lines are a little bit wonky! Hahaha, but I love it!


Most photos were printed at my local Walgreens using a 4x6 collage print. When you add more than two photos to the collage, they adjust to different small sized photos. I have so many photos of this virtual marathon, I knew I wanted them small and in assorted sizes.

Products Used:
Patterned Paper from Stampin' Up!
Cardstock from CutCardStock.com
Dina Wakely Gloss Spray in White
Title, stars and other paper embellishments were cut using my Cricut


 

1 comment:

  1. What an amazing layout Dorlene! Love your take on the sketch!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I appreciate your comments. I love sharing my projects with you and hope to encourage you to create things on your own. Thanks again!