Sunday, September 10, 2023

I'd Rather Be Reading; Printable Cuttable Creatables


I'm back sharing another project made using a SVG from Printable Cuttable Creatables website. The theme this month is reading or books - which is combining my two favorite hobbies. Crafting & Reading!

When I saw the T261 Rather Be Reading image, I knew I had to have it as I am someone who would almost always rather be reading!  I’m going to make stickers using the Print then Cut option in Cricut Design Space.

I uploaded the image into Cricut Design Space by clicking the New Project button on the top right and then clicking on the Upload option on the left.

Besides the cuteness, the one thing I love about the images from Printable Cuttable Creatables is that they come with and without the offset. If you look closely, you can see the difference.

I have decided to use the image with the offset so I will Ungroup the images, select the bottom image and then select the trash can icon on the top right to remove it.

I’m not worried about trashing the image here since this step only affects the current project, not the saved file in my Cricut Design Space images.

Since I am using this image to create stickers, I now need to click on the Flatten icon on the bottom right. This changes the image to a print file and the Cricut cuts it as one complete image around the edge.  This is why I like to have an offset.  If there’s an issue with an unclean cut, the cut will affect the offset versus the image itself.

 To get as many of these stickers as I can to fill my sticker sheet, I changed the image width size to 2.25.  (As long as the image is locked, once I tab over, the image height will automatically adjust.) Then duplicate the image 10 times to get a total of 11 stickers on one sheet.

Once you click on Make It, two mats will appear (see the left side of the photo below).  Click on the second mat and one by one select each image so it can be moved to the first mat.  To do this, click on the three dots and Move object.  Select the first mat and then move the image to an open area on the sheet.  Continue for all three images.

 

Once that is complete, select Continue.  You will be prompted to Send to Printer and once it prints, place the printed sticker sheet on your mat and cut. (Be sure to select the correct material type when cutting your stickers.)  Here they are, printed & cut around the images.

I plan on putting a sticker in random books at my local library. Wait, let me clarify. I plan on keeping these stickers WITH THE BACKING SHEET still on before placing them in random books at my local library.  LOL  That almost sounded a little destructive! 

Because of this, I used regular scissors to cut them apart so they are an individual sticker versus a sticker sheet.

See how easily they come off the backing sheet?

I’ll keep one for myself and the remaining 10 will be placed in the books.  I hope these stickers brighten someone’s day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting. I appreciate your comments. I love sharing my projects with you and hope to encourage you to create things on your own. Thanks again!