Sunday, August 21, 2022

In Food We Trust; CutCardStock

I created another fun layout using CutCardStock cardstock, the Cricut and a stamp.  Check out the post on the CutCardStock Blog for another look.

To start this layout, I searched Cricut Design Space for a food quote and found this one. I knew I wanted the words to be big and cut into the piece of cardstock, not on top of it. To do that, I attached the title to an 11x11 piece of Basis Red Cardstock.

Here's what it looked like on my screen:
And here's the cut out:
Once I added the banner on the top right corner, I knew it needed more to this base. I pulled out a food truck stamp, layed the cut out letters to cover the Wedding Cake White Cardstock and stamped the truck in rows to create my own patterned paper.

Oh, it was coming together and then I saw that big OOPs on the right side just under the banner.  I forgot to mask the white border to avoid stamping on the white layout base.  UGH!

So, I grabbed a piece of the Basis Blue Cardstock used for the banner and cut two strips and added them to the left and right sides of the red cardstock. I also did the same thing with Basis Gold to create a color block going vertically.
I created a fun embellishment cluster by adding some banners, a stamped & colored food truck, sticker, enamel heart and a black road for the truck to rest on.
A journaling block on the lower right corner helped balance the page.

Here's a close up of the cluster:

I honestly had some difficulty with this layout and it went through multiple stages before I called it DONE.  I hope this encourages you to "not give up" and create something you love!

Be sure to click over to the CutCardStock Blog for more inspiration and check out the CutCardStock website for all your cardstock needs!









No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting. I appreciate your comments. I love sharing my projects with you and hope to encourage you to create things on your own. Thanks again!