Thursday, September 12, 2024

Groovy Baby Cake Topper

Check out this fun project I created using a couple of cut files from Printable Cuttable Creatables. One is called Retro Rainbow and the other Groovy Retro Flowers. Folks, the Retro Rainbow cut file is FREE and if you use the code 3SONS15, you'll get 15% off your order.

I made a cake topper for a different type of cake - a diaper cake! We were invited to a groovy baby shower and decided (last minute) to make a diaper cake. 


I found the sentiment "groovy baby" in Cricut Design Space. I added an offset to the sentiment for the letters to rest on.


Check out the YouTube process video as I put this cute topper together from beginning to end. This is probably the smallest cake topper I have made so far! It's 4" wide and about 3.5" high.


I didn't film the diaper cake, but basically you roll each diaper up and tighten with tiny rubber bands. Use a larger rubberband to group the rolled diapers into a round shape. We had three layers so each layer was a little larger than the next one.

Since we decided to create the cake at the last minute (the morning of the shower), we didn't decorate much with the exception of ribbon around the layers and of course the cake topper.

It still turned out super cute and matched the party decor perfectly!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting. I appreciate your comments. I love sharing my projects with you and hope to encourage you to create things on your own. Thanks again!