Friday, July 30, 2021

Shaker Card Wreath

This card started as I was following the challenge theme on the Heart 2 Heart CTMH challenge blog. One of the challenge themes for the month of July is...banners. (They post two challenge themes per month.) 

I wanted to use the Remarkable Wreath Seasons & Nature stamp set since there are banners in it. All of a sudden I thought it would be cute to make it a shaker card as well. I purchased a pack of small circles/ovals adhesive sets for shaker cards from Queen & Co. years ago at a Stamp Expo and one of the circles was the perfect size for the inside of this wreath! Don't you love when that happens!?!

I used CTMH inks for the wreath & banner: Cranberry, Olive and Indian Blue.


I made a mistake by adding a fine stamping glitter to the shaker element, since most of it stuck (probably by static) to the transparency. Lesson learned...chunky glitter only! I mean, it's glitter so it still looks pretty, but...

I used two different background stamps from my stash to the card. One was stamped in Honey (from CTMH) and the other was Oatmeal from FSJ.

To add even more interest, I scored randomly spaced lines across the green cardstock that mats the focal image. It's not much, but it adds a little something, don't you think?

If you have CTMH products and are looking for a great challenge blog, click on over to the Heart 2 Heart challenge blog.

2 comments:

  1. I love this, what a great card! Thanks for playing along with Heart 2 Heart Challenges (H2H).

    Brandi R.
    DT member H2H
    crzy4scrapbooking.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for joining us @Heart2Heart Challenges, and congrats! We love your card!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I appreciate your comments. I love sharing my projects with you and hope to encourage you to create things on your own. Thanks again!