Thursday, July 22, 2021

Simple & Inexpensive Purse Organizer

Hi there, I'm excited to share a simple, inexpensive & quick purse organizer project with you. My big purse/tote is full of everything and nothing - you know the drill, the bigger the purse, the more you put in it. And of course, it was a big chore to find anything in there.

I went to my local Dollar Tree and found some simple binder pencil pouches and thought they would be perfect. When you have a Cricut, you are always on the lookout for inexpensive blanks and these certainly fit the bill. I bought two. 😄

Check out the process video:

I do this a lot and it's mentioned in the video, but when creating words, I'll check the images first before typing them using a font. Reason? There are many images of words that have a more artistic & fun look that I cannot recreate using fonts. You can remove the parts you don't need by using the contour function, slice function or ungroup & delete them. 

Anyhow, it's an easy project and super inexpensive to do. The pouch looks great in my purse and I already see a difference - check it out!

Of course I didn't remember to take a "before" photo, but here's the "after":
What's inside the "Random Stuff" pouch...random stuff!


NOTE: After I adhered the vinyl to the pouch, I thought this would have been great to apply the vinyl to a sold black backing to really make the words pop - now if this was a project that was going to be seen more, I probably would have done that, but since it's in my purse, I didn't worry about it.

How to create a solid backing to an image that does not have one? Duplicate the image and with that click the contour button on the bottom right corner. Click on all the cut out pieces (i.e. the letters) and that removes the cut out portions.

Be sure to give the video a THUMBS UP and hit the SUBSCRIBE button!

1 comment:

  1. Great idea. My sister bought me a pouch to go in my handbag and it so much easier to find things than before. A belated happy WOYWW Angela #12

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I appreciate your comments. I love sharing my projects with you and hope to encourage you to create things on your own. Thanks again!