Thursday, December 12, 2019

12 Days of Christmas Tags 2019; Day Ten

I broke out the Cricut again for today's tags. I used the traditional color combination of red and green but mixed it up a little by using a bright green versus the standard "Christmas" green. You can literally use any color scheme on these - use your scraps!

These bulbs are just short of 4" long so these are nice and big sized tags. The cut did not include a base for the bulbs so I created my own by ungrouping the image and then pulling one of the bulbs to duplicate.

On the duplicated piece, I used the contour tool to remove the word and to make it a solid piece. That's it! Easy! There are so many cool things you can do in Design Space to customize your cuts. I felt the bulbs needed the white back ground so you can see the words clearly and also for extra stability especially between the letters.

I also use the ungroup tool to get rid of the "print" on the bulb hangers. I didn't feel like switching between pen and blade for this project.

I used my Xyron adhesive sticker maker to add adhesive to the back of each piece before layering them on top of the white bases.

I put a glue dot to stick them together just like this...add ribbon and viola!

Don't forget about the GIVEAWAY at the end of this 12 day series. One person will win a set of all twelve of these tags. To be eligible, you must be a follower of my blog and leave a comment. The more comments you leave, the more entries you'll have in the drawing.

Leave a comment each day to increase your chances.

If you're interested in seeing the tags from previous years, click on the 12 Days of Christmas Tags label to the right.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Dorlene, these are lovely and a great way to use up any waste card and paper. I've actually stopped by as I saw your question on my blog about the die I've been using, it's by Tim Holtz and it's called Poinsettia Pieces. Hope that's useful. Angela xXx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I appreciate your comments. I love sharing my projects with you and hope to encourage you to create things on your own. Thanks again!