Monday, June 11, 2018

QQ Custom Gift Bag

Hi there, today I'm sharing how I made my own bag and card on the Quick Quotes blog.  I love making my own cards, why not make the bag to go with it or vice versa...a card to go with a bag. LOL Either way you say it, it’s an awesome project!

This bag started with 2 sheets of Spring Showers SG105 paper from Quick Quotes. One full 12x12 and the other cut down to 8x12. Keep the 4x12 left over strip for later.

Score the 12x12 piece at 3” on three sides and 1” on one side. Then score the 8x12 piece at 1” on three sides and 3” on one side. The 3” score should be on the 12” side. Crease three sides and fold over one of 1” side (for the 8x12 piece, the 1” is the one directly opposite the 3” score). See photo.
This project would not work well with an obvious directional paper and of course the sturdier the doublesided paper, the better.


I recommend using a strong adhesive to assemble the bag. On the bottom (3” tab) cut up at the score line to create tabs for the bag bottoms on both sheets. Add adhesive to hold the tabs to the bottom portion. Also put adhesive on the side tabs that will hold the bag together. The smaller (8x12 piece) slides right into the 12x12 piece perfectly. Once the bag is assembled and adhered together, I inked each edge with Key Largo PowderPuff Chalk Ink. That's it for the bag.

Now to decorate, we’re going to create a slot to hang the card. You’ll need a 5 1/2 x 2 1/4” piece of paper (I used a coordinating scrap piece from the Spring Showers collection.) Cut out a slot across the 5 1/2” side. I used a label punch for mine. I inked all the edges with Capri Blue PowderPuff Chalk Ink before adhering the top of this piece to the bag. Only adhere the top of this piece so the card can slip in.


Remember that 4x12 leftover strip? Fold it in half, decorate, then mount it on a 5 1/2 x 4 1/4” piece of cardstock. I used scraps from the Spring Showers collection, Island Orange and Capri Blue PowderPuff Chalk Inks, twine and a floral stamp from my collection to finish the card. To color in the floral stamp, I used Key Largo, Island Orange and Capri Blue with an acrylic block and waterbrush. Don't  you love how it all coordinates?


Viola! A gift bag and card in one! You won’t hear anyone say, the card’s missing in this bag! Can you imagine the possibilities with this!? So fun!



Quick Quotes Products Used:
Spring Showers Paper Collection
PowderPuff Chalk Inks Used: Key Largo, Capri Blue and Island Orange

Other Supplies Used:
Label Punch SU!
Archival Black Ink FSJ
Just for You Stamp FSJ


1 comment:

  1. This is so beautiful!! I love how you decorated the bag!! It's gorgeous!! Have a great day!! Big hugs :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I appreciate your comments. I love sharing my projects with you and hope to encourage you to create things on your own. Thanks again!