Saturday, October 21, 2023

They Say It's Your Birthday Card; CutCardStock


Paper projects are my fav and I just love this VW Beetle Bug card I created using the Cricut and cardstock from CutCardStock.com. I decided to make a few of them since I was already taking the time to cut out the image.

Along with a variety of colored cardstock fro CCS, I used a watercolor cactus paper that was purchased from Hobby Lobby.

Before adhering the pieces together, I used a Cricut blue glitter pen to outline the Bug pieces.


I started putting the pieces together and realized I needed to cut a base for them to sit on. So I went back to my Cricut and created an offset with 0 so it was a base versus a border. Liquid glue was my adhesive of choice for this because of all the small pieces.

So cute!

The colors chosen coordinate so well with the watercolor paper. Don't you agree?


The VW Bug was adhered with foam adhesive to lift it up a little. I considered using a wobbler, but decided against it because I thought it would get caught in the frame.


A few white pen accents makes it pop even more!



So, is it a coincidence that the Beetle card has a Beatles song lyric as the stamped sentiment....? What do you think?

Be sure to check out the CutCardStock Blog for all sorts of paper inspiration and sign up for their newsletter because they are constantly having sales on their already great prices!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting. I appreciate your comments. I love sharing my projects with you and hope to encourage you to create things on your own. Thanks again!