Sunday, October 2, 2022

Angled Gate Card; MCK October

I"ve been seeing these angled gate cards around a lot so I thought I'd make these for the October, 2022, Monthly Card Kit (MCK). This is the complement card and not the one we'll make together during the FaceBook LIVE Event on the last Tuesday of the month.


If you want to see the featured card, check out the Monthly Card Kit tab from the Home Page.

These cards are pretty simple to make but are oh so pretty and fun! The card base is 5.5x11 scored at 3 1/8 and 7 5/8 on the 11" side. Then you mark down 1.5" from the top left and top right sides of the card as well as 1" from the both sides of the bottom edge. See the photo below and also check out the YouTube process video for clarification.

Once you slice off those 'triangles', you'll have your card base. The patterned papers will also be cut that way from two 3 1/8x5 1/4” pieces.

You can use the leftover strip of cardstock (after you cut the 8.5x11" cardstock into 5.5x11") to cut 1.5 x 11" strip to use for the band.

All cuts were on Cricut Design Space and the patterned papers are from the Main Street collection from Quick Quotes.

I love this rustic paper because it gives it a masculine look but those colors work well for anyone.

I realize that I don't make many masculine cards and I need to do that more often.

What do you think? Pretty cool, right?
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting. I appreciate your comments. I love sharing my projects with you and hope to encourage you to create things on your own. Thanks again!