Saturday, September 3, 2022

You're a Gem; CutCardStock

We're celebrating my mom's 86th birthday this weekend and since her favorite color is purple, we're decorating in all things purple. I downloaded a diamond box SVG freebie from Dreaming Tree and I'm so glad I did!

The box base is Wedding Cake white cardstock and the top layer is silver glitter paper. Both papers are from CutCardStock. I love this glitter paper because it cuts great in my Cricut and it has a coating over the glitter so there's no glitter mess. I think that may be my favorite thing about this paper!


Before cutting the box, you have to change to cut lines to score lines and then attach them to the base. This is a huge step and can save you a lot of time and headaches - ask me how I know - lol!

Once all the pieces are cut, be sure to fold all your score lines before adhering the silver top layer pieces.

Assemble your box by adhering the tabs to the adjoining piece one at a time. It's a pretty easy box to make and they come together pretty quickly.



Be sure to click over to the CutCardStock blog to see more details on this project and others using CutCardStock products.
The final project after adding some embellishments:


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting. I appreciate your comments. I love sharing my projects with you and hope to encourage you to create things on your own. Thanks again!