Tuesday, September 6, 2022

Purple Party 86th Birthday Cake Topper


Cake toppers are soon becoming my favorite things to make. I love how you can personalize them to fit any theme or celebration. We celebrated my mom's 86th birthday last weekend and since her favorite color is purple, we decorated all things purple! 

Prince was my inspiration for this cake topper. I incorporated diamonds, pearls and feathers to create this:

Check out all the fun angles. Even though you can tell there are some layers, unfortunately you can't really tell that there are layers, layers and more layers.  I feel that's the key when creating a great cake topper!



I filmed a YouTube process video for you to enjoy as well.


When designing a cake topper in Cricut Design Space, place all your images together how you want the final product to look making sure to use the offset button to create shadows and more layers of the elements.

Once your design is complete, group it all together; make a duplicate and then weld the duplicate to get one base layer. Now what I do is use the offset key on the welded/base layer to create another shadow. Once I do that, I delete the original base layer since I don't use it - you certainly could.

See the design all together on the left side? That's how I wanted it to look once I was done.


When assembling the cake topper, I adhere from the bottom to the top.  I do this in order to keep track of the different "levels" of paper/foam tape.

Watch the video and if you have any questions, please leave a comment. I'll do my best to give an explanation.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting. I appreciate your comments. I love sharing my projects with you and hope to encourage you to create things on your own. Thanks again!