Saturday, April 30, 2022

Awesome Sister; CutCardStock Blog Post

Does your sister have an awesome sister? I know mine do! LOL When I saw this quote in Cricut Design Space, I knew I needed to use it for this photo of my granddaughters from Valentine's Day 2021.

I downloaded that overlay from Scrapbook.com years ago and have never used it but it was perfect for the Silver Glitter Cardstock from CutCardStock. This glitter paper cuts incredibly well with the Cricut. Make sure you use Glitter Paper and change your pressure to "more".
 
Originally I placed the overlay on top of the patterned paper but decided pretty quickly that it needed a base. I went back to Design Space and created an offset. If you change the offset size to zero, it is a base versus an offset. I had to contour all the areas except the large circles. For some reason, not all of the circles would open up for me so I used a circle cutter to cut through the white base.

To do that, I used a pencil to draw the circle and then cut out the circle just outside those lines.

I gutted the heart patterned paper and used some of it to add the banners on the page as well as the scraps from the Wedding Cake white textured cardstock also from CutCardStock.

In fact, this page is actually pretty simple, all products were from CutCardStock with the exception of the two patterned papers, tab punch, heart/arrow stamp, Versamark ink and black licorice Color Silk.

Here are some close ups so you can see the ghost stamping and other details:



I created this layout for the CutCardStock Design Team and you can see the blog post HERE. I recommend  you check out the blog. The DT is extremely talented and they post some fabulous projects!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting. I appreciate your comments. I love sharing my projects with you and hope to encourage you to create things on your own. Thanks again!