Friday, April 15, 2022

Sketch n Scrap Layout & Cricut Overlay How To


When I saw this sketch, I knew exactly what I wanted to do with it! I decided to make an overlay using my Cricut for the first page of our Zion National Park photos.

The sketch is from Sketch n Scrap. Be sure to check out their monthly sketches. They post two layout sketches and two card sketches each month.

I did a How To video on creating your own overlay using the Cricut. Check it out below. This overlay is actually pretty simple compared to others that I made.

Here's the finished layout:
What did I do?:
  • I used the back of an ugly paper for the overlay and sponged three different tones of blue and one green across the sheet of paper. This is a great way to use those ugly one sided papers especially when they are heavyweighted!
  • Dark Roast (brown) splatter was placed around the photos & embellishments as well.
  • Cut a small piece of patterned paper and placed it behind the title and cut a strip to place along the top.
  • The little cluster on the top right is a piece of scrap green paper with a quote.
  • The mountain scene was cut with the Cricut as well. After gluing it together, I placed it on the bottom.
  • The overlay is 11.5x11.5 and resting on a piece of woodgrain paper.
Your turn...create a layout and link it to the Sketch n Scrap blog before the end of the month!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting. I appreciate your comments. I love sharing my projects with you and hope to encourage you to create things on your own. Thanks again!