Sunday, September 12, 2021

Happy Stamp-tember Kick Off


So apparently there's a thing called Stamp-tember. (I've also heard of Scrap-tember, but that's a whole other thing - maybe next year!). Oh, us crafters sure do love to make up occasions, huh?!? LOL

Well I decided to jump all over this "holiday" and pull out my older wooden block stamp sets & revisit techniques I haven't done in a long time.

Here's the card I created during the process YouTube video:


For my the Kick Off project, I used a two part stamp. Boy, you sure do realize how important the MISTI is when you're trying to line up stamps, but I think I did a good job. In fact, my "mistake" ended up making a pretty fabulous card! Be sure to check out the process video here:

What I did:
After realizing I did not get a solid stamped image, I decided to pull out my watercolor pencils and add some shading & dimension to the stamped flowers. I LOVE how this ended up and really did update the look of these petals & leaves. Adding the color splashes really made it pop too.

I used a piece of a gel print on the card front as well. Although the stamped image is pretty basic, the addition of the shading & gel print really made it artsy! Don't you agree?!?

Products Used:
Tulip stamp set by Stampin' Up (from the early 2000's)
Ink Pads:  Mellow Moss and Pale Plum from SU!
Watercolor Pencils by Close To My Heart
Waterbrush
Color Silk in Black Licorice and Gold from FSJ (now Spellbinders)
Gold thread (purchased from JoAnne's Fabric Store)
Purple flat-back pearls from Queen & Co.
Sentiment from Altenew
Cardstock, patterned paper and gel print papers are from my stash

Stay tuned for more Stamp-tember fun! I'll post a new YouTube video and blog post every other day during September.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting. I appreciate your comments. I love sharing my projects with you and hope to encourage you to create things on your own. Thanks again!