Monday, August 2, 2021

BBTB2; Great Outdoors Challenge


It's time for a new fun challenge on the Bitten By The Bug 2 (BBTB2) Cricut challenge site. The current challenge theme is...The Great Outdoors. 

During the summer of 2020, I decided to take every Tuesday off to go hiking with my kiddos. Let me tell you, I am not normally someone who hikes but when my nephew stayed with us for awhile, we wanted to do something while he was here so... See the original post of the adventure HERE. Be sure to read it, it's actually pretty funny!

Since I am making an album on these hiking trips, I created this base page before I had any of the photos printed:


Here's the finished layout with photos & journaling:


I used a SVG cut that I uploaded into Design Space. I cannot remember where I got the free SVG. I really need to keep better tabs on this sort of thing so I can give proper credit.


The image did not include a base so I created one by grouping the greens and brown images together and then I duplicated it. On the copy, I welded the images together and then contoured out the letters so it was a solid base.

I hope you get a chance to join the challenge and create a Cricut project using the challenge theme. Be sure to link it up to the BBTB2 blog before the two weeks!


3 comments:

  1. Fun layout and hiking is a great goal to achieve every week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this layout and the design. The finished page is absolutely perfect. Hiking is so much fun to do with the kiddos.

    ReplyDelete
  3. we have been hiking a ton this year and it just makes my soul happy! I love your idea of doing an album for the hiking adventures with your nephew and kids! Love the layout!!!
    :)
    Michelle

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I appreciate your comments. I love sharing my projects with you and hope to encourage you to create things on your own. Thanks again!