Monday, April 6, 2020

Handmade Embellies!

I’m on a roll with the Disney layouts and finally finished our trip. I didn’t take a ton of photos like I did when we went to Disney World, but there were still lots of fun layouts!

I love this two page spread. I made these bursts or whatever you want to call them to add fun to the layouts. I was struggling with this one but those embellies are super cute and exactly what it needed!



How did I make them? I punched circles using multiple punches.  On the back of the largest punched circle, I adhered strips of paper in random lengths to create a fun star burst. The paper strips were scraps that I cut at an angle. I didn’t measure length or width, just cut them up.

The Incredibles icon and masks were cut from the Cricut. I made the Incredibles layout first and then since the Hollywood Studios layout was next to it, I coordinated the embellishments. I love how they turned out. What I don’t like is the white hand drawn Mickey heads on the blue paper. I went too far and had to continue even though I don’t technically like them.

I hope this encourages you to make your own embellishments when you have the chance.

Punches:
1 3/8”, 1 1/4”, 1” all from SU!
Star punches from my stash
Mickey heads assorted sizes punch from EK Success

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting. I appreciate your comments. I love sharing my projects with you and hope to encourage you to create things on your own. Thanks again!