Wednesday, October 2, 2019

WOYWW #539

Hello Wednesday! Happy WOYWW to you! On Wednesdays, I get to share a photo of my work desk with other WOYWW linkers. Julia, the captain of the ship, has been hosting this linkage for years.

I am not sharing my desk this week but decided to share some baby shower photos. A couple of weeks ago, I shared a working shot of the diaper cake I was making for the co-ed baby shower we were hosting. The shower was this past weekend and here are some photos:

 If you've never seen or heard of a diaper cake, they don't normally have rows of beer cans, but I added them because of the "Baby Is Brewing" theme.

I made the onesies, the banner and the daisies at the corners.
 Here's a closeup:
 These were the centerpieces on each table. There was also a trivia card on each plate but this photo was taken before we added them.
 These stickers were also made by me. In an earlier post, I showed how I made etched pint glasses with this logo. See the post here.
 I did not make these cookies but we did stamp the tags. Aren't these adorable?! And so good!
My DIL ordered a plain cake with minimal decorations and I made the cake topper.

And the parents. I love this smile from my son. He hates taking pictures!

If you haven't guessed by now, the baby's name will be Daisy. We incorporated daisies along with the beer theme. It was a co-ed shower and we had a lot of fun. The weather was perfect and they were showered with lots of love!

Click on over to the Stamping Ground blog to see more desks and join the linkage fun!

I will be late visiting this week as I'm leaving for a three day conference for work.

10 comments:

  1. hhahahaa love the idea for the cake !! is this your first grandbaby??
    Darlene

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Dorlene - wow! A baby shower with a difference. So much work went into the preparation for that event - well done. I trust all goes well for that lovely young couple.
    Take care. God bless.
    Margaret #3

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great pics from the shower! love the cake, and the diaper cake too... very funny. Helen #1

    ReplyDelete
  4. I enjoyed seeing the shower pics and loved the Baby Brewing theme! The diaper cake was genius!
    Hugs LLJ 8 xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Baby brewing kit, love it. Hope you have a lovely creative woyww, Angela x15x

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love these themed parties such joyous occasions with everything matching. The Diaper cake is a fabulous idea, baby showers are becoming more and more popular here in the UK now.
    Happy WoywW Tracey #5

    ReplyDelete
  7. Stopping by to say hi, fellow deskie! Happy WOYWW! Fonda #23

    ReplyDelete
  8. What fabulous decorations Dorlene. No wonder your son is beaming from ear to ear. Great theme too. Happy belated WOYWW. Sarah #4

    ReplyDelete
  9. Aw, Dorlene, you worked so hard..totally worth it, look at their happy faces. I love the theme anyway, but think the daisies and such touches were perfect, such a beautiful name too. I hope you had a lovely day. I can’t for the life of me work out what the c0-ed part of the shower means...but who cares..an event you’ve crafted, swirling with family and love is a wonderful thing.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wonderful idea a diaper cake, like practical things we’ll dine, great share.
    Thanks for Sharing, God bless, hugs Shaz in Oz.x

    {Wonderful Words of Life - Shaz in Oz}
    {Calligraphy Cards - Shaz in Oz}

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I appreciate your comments. I love sharing my projects with you and hope to encourage you to create things on your own. Thanks again!