Friday, October 4, 2019

Junk Journal; It Takes Courage

I decided to work in my junk journal this week. I don’t know why I don’t play in them more often. Since the starting base is literally junk, it’s so cool to see how it ends up.

You know that I used my junk journals to mop up unused inks, paints, etc from other projects so I don’t even remember how this page started. I think it was a VISA offer from the mail.

I stamped three sunflowers to the page by inking the stamp with a light brown ink for the flower and olive green for the leaves. I spritzed the inked stamp with water hoping for a watercolor look. Nah...that didn’t turn out like I thought so I used a water brush and ink to color in the petals and other details.
Then I used some watered down teal acrylic paint by brushing it around the flowers and leaves. I also added some bright green to brighten the leaves/stems as well as a “grassy” bottom.
The top right needed something, so I went through my random papers and tore a strip off this sheet. I then added it to the top right and scraped some white, teal and green acrylic paints with a spatula.

Then I used a stamp dauber to add circles along the right side. The dauber was “dirty” with ink/paint so I didn’t add any additional color.
 Stamped a sentiment using the MISTI since I wanted a dark crisp image.
Added some white marks in the flower centers with a pen and small white circles using a stencil and acrylic paint. 
Close up:

Pretty cool, right? To see more of my junk journal art, click on the :junk journal” label to the right.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting. I appreciate your comments. I love sharing my projects with you and hope to encourage you to create things on your own. Thanks again!